8 August 1871
Consecration of Holy Trinity Church
Added by LocalPast Historian · 15 March 2026
The present Holy Trinity Church was consecrated on 8th August 1871. Designed by George Edmund Street R.A., the church replaced an earlier building of 1843 (on land given by Lord Wharncliffe) which had fallen into decay. The stained glass windows were made by John Hardman & Co. Interior features include the original font, marble pulpit and marble reredos, all designed by Street. Alterations were later made by Sir Charles Nicholson in 1932.